Advanced Concealed Carry 2
The Advanced Concealed Carry series of courses are designed to expand on the knowledge and skills taught in the state-required basic concealed carry course. That course deals with the concern of government officials that individuals that have been issued a concealed carry license know how to safely handle a handgun, the basics of shooting it, and an understanding of state concealed carry laws. However, this is not enough to prepare those that have completed the basic course to deal with the realities of concealed carry. Some basic course instructors attempt to go beyond the minimum requirements mandated by the state, but time constrains often prevent them from getting into the details. The Advanced Concealed Carry series of course addresses this shortcoming by using a building-block approach to expose attendees to those critical areas needed to significantly improve their ability to survive a violent encounter.
Advanced Concealed Carry II-class expands on the lessons from the Advanced Concealed Carry I.
Attendees will learn:
- The effects of stress on decision-making and performance during violent confrontations;
- The use of cover and concealment,
- Movement during confrontations;
- Dealing with multiple threats;
- Various methods of reloading a handgun during a violent encounter;
- How to resolve handgun malfunctions.
What to Bring:
- Attendees will need an appropriate centerfire handgun (9mm Luger/.38 Special recommended as the minimum caliber)
- Holster (strong-side hip holsters preferred)
- Hearing Protection
- Eye protection
- Ammunition300 rounds
- A method for carrying spare ammunition (pouches, extra magazines, speed loaders/strips, etc.)
- A concealment garment is also required (vest, sweatshirt, jacket, etc.) for use during the shooting range portion of instruction.
Instructor: Gary Evens
Saturday August 24, 2019
Defensive Training Solutions
2826 CR 25A, Rear Suite
Troy, OH 45373