NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Course
This course is at least 16 hours long, and includes classroom and range time learning how to teach shooting revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Instructor Candidates learn how to teach NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest position, and two handed standing positions; cleaning the pistol; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, Instructor Manual, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Pistol Instructor Shooting Examination, and course completion certificate.
To qualify as an NRA Instructor:
- Candidates must have completed the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor led training (we offer this class prior to the Instructor course) (some dates of the Instructor Course will include this, please ask the instructor if you aren't sure)
- Candidates must possess and demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills acquired through previous firearm training and/or previous shooting experience. Instructor candidates must be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified.
- Candidates will be required to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills required to be successful during an instructor training course by completing pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises administered by the NRA Appointed Training Counselor.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete an NRA Instructor Training Course in the discipline they wish to teach (e.g., NRA Basic Pistol Course), and receive the endorsement of the NRA Training Counselor conducting that training.
PLEASE NOTE: Certs are issued by the NRA training department, therefore there is also additional certification and processing fees payable to the NRA.
In order to take this course you must pass the prequalification course Basic Pistol ILT) & test which includes firearms safety, shooting evaluation etc. This course includes NRA Basic Instructor Training (BIT) and Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor Course)
Download the Pre-Course Qualification here! Pistol_Prequal.pdf
Download the Pre-Course Questionnaire Here! PreCourse-Questionnaire.pdf
Please download and read our Liability_Waiver.pdf
What you will need for this class:
- Semiautomatic hand gun or revolver
- 250 Rounds of Factory Ammunition - no reloads, .22 acceptable
- Eye & Ear protection
- Note pad & pen
- A Positive Attitude
November 11-13, 2022 ($375.00, price is subject to change)
Defensive Training Solutions
2820 South County Road 25A
Troy, Ohio 45373
Please remember NRA Instructor Courses are performance based courses; instructor candidates must possess the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of training. You do not pay and automatically pass instructor training. You pay to have the opportunity to pass.
Click Register Now Below!